Long, strong and shiny hair is almost everyone’s dream, but not everyone can fulfill it. Of course, keeping your scalp healthy is important, but it’s also important to watch your diet. You can have dry, frizzy, straight or silky hair – all of these are signs of your inner health. Each strand is made up of cells that contain a tough protein called keratin. You need a constant supply of minerals and vitamins to keep your hair long and strong. We have selected some foods for hair growth that you definitely need to include in your daily diet. So what’s the best food for healthy hair that makes it grow faster?
We have compiled a list of the best foods for healthy hair. Eat your way to fuller, stronger hair:
1. Eggs provide proteinYour hair is made up of protein, so it is important that you have enough protein in your diet. Protein is the building block of hair, and eggs are one of the richest natural sources of protein.
Best food for hair growth: eggs
2. Spinach and other dark leafy vegetables provide iron
Iron is an essential mineral that your hair cells need. In fact, a lack of iron in the body can cause hair loss. When your body runs out of iron deficiency, insufficient oxygen and nutrients are delivered to the hair roots and follicles, which can stunt growth and make your strands weak. Also Read: (10 Healthy Spinach Recipes)
Best food for your hair: spinach
3. Citrus fruits to get your dose of vitamin C.Your body therefore needs vitamin C for iron absorption. You need to add citrus fruits to your diet. Nutritionists recommend that one lime per day is enough to get your daily dose of vitamin C. Just make yourself a chilled glass of Nimbu Paani (with honey or a healthy alternative to refined sugar) and you’re sorted. You can also opt for oranges. Vitamin C is also needed for the production of collagen, which makes capillaries connected to the hair shafts strong, ensuring a regular supply of nutrients and rapid hair growth. (7 Incredible Benefits Of Grapefruit: Time To Fill Up)
Food for hair growth: oranges
4. Nuts and seeds for omega-3 fatty acidsOmega-3 fatty acids nourish the hair and aid in thickening. Since your body cannot produce these healthy fats, you need to get them from your diet. Almonds and walnuts are very rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Similarly, flax seeds can serve as a healthy snack during meals while also providing the essential fats for your hair. (8 Incredible Sources of Omega-3 Foods: More Than Just Fish)
Best food for hair: almonds
5. Whole grains to get biotinWhole grain products are rich in biotin as well as iron, zinc and B vitamins. Biotin is needed for cell proliferation and plays an important role in the production of amino acids (protein) that are necessary for your hair to grow.
Best food for hair: whole grains
6. Carrots are rich in vitamin A.Drink carrot juice every day for quick hair growth. Hair contains the fastest growing tissue in the body, and vitamin A is needed for every cell to grow. It also aids the scalp in making the natural sebum oil that keeps it and the roots healthy to promote hair growth. Also Read: (7 Benefits Of Carrot Juice: Why You Must Drink This Vegetable)
Best food for hair: carrots
7. Avocado offers vitamin E.Vitamin E improves blood circulation and helps the follicles work more efficiently to promote hair growth. It also maintains the oil and PH balance, which if exceeded can clog the hair follicles and stop hair growth. Avocado is a great source of vitamin E and is high in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats. You can add it to your breakfast balance or mix it into a green smoothie. (10 Best Avocado Recipes)
Best food for hair: avocado